At PowerPlay Strategies, we are committed to making learning fun. Our hands-on approach empowers young people to step out of their comfort zones, try new things, experiment and improvise.
Components of Engagement
We engage students in learning by:
- Appealing to their interests.
- Communicating at their level of understanding.
- Using fun and interactive techniques.
- Empowering them to be decision makers.
- Encouraging them to make mistakes.
- Challenging them to create their own solutions.
Our Learning Approach
We use a four-step process to empower students to take charge of their learning and put their best efforts into a project that is real and relevant to their lives. With PowerPlay, it is intended that young people guide the process and adults stand by to observe, reassure and provide assistance when needed.
Exciting real-world challenges spark curiosity, capture imaginations and make students want to flex their creative muscles in pursuit of their goals.
Whether working individually or in groups, young people set goals, identify tools they will need and lay out a step-by-step path to reach their own targets.
Youth take risks, experiment, express themselves and stretch their capacities as they implement their plans in a supportive learning environment.
Students reflect on and consider what they have learned. They celebrate their accomplishments and develop success strategies for school and other areas of life.
21st Century Skills
PowerPlay helps young people develop practical life skills and an entrepreneurial mindset that are critical in the 21st Century. Related competencies include:
- Self-Esteem and Confidence
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Creativity and Innovation
- Organization and Planning
Perhaps the greatest value is that students discover their abilities to be successful and develop positive beliefs that can support them in all areas of life.