Caring In Action
Caring In Action (CIA) is an interactive program that brings social responsibility and language arts alive in grades K-8 classrooms. Students discover their power to create positive change by designing and implementing "missions" - their own solutions to real social issues.
Working in a mutually supportive environment, the young people develop creative and critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational skills as they work towards their goals. They also utilize and hone their communication skills as they create effective ways to inspire others.
While the CIA resource package focuses on grades 4-8, a dedicated primary section also enables younger classes to fully participate in the program.
The resource package includes:
- Strong curriculum connections to English Language Arts and other core subjects.
- A Teacher Manual with easy-to-use lesson plans and planning tools.
- Dynamic teaching aids to support the development of a variety of skills including team building, decision-making and communications.
- Easy-to-use activity sheets, overhead masters, homework assignments and parent information.
- A turnkey planning system with practical activity sheets and support tools.
- Proven strategies for differentiating instruction for diverse groups of students.
- Practical tools to support formative and summative assessment.
- Suggestions for meaningful parental and community involvement.
- Plan and execute their own socially responsible projects called CIA Missions.
- Further develop their understanding of personal and social responsibility.
- Utilize and hone their reading, writing and oral language skills.
- Recognize the importance of taking initiative, thinking creatively, solving problems and applying organizational skills when working towards a goal.
- Work individually and as teams in a mutually supportive environment.
- Celebrate and learn from their achievements.
Caring in Action has strong curriculum connections to English Language Arts. Students actively use their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills to add impact to their CIA missions. The program can also be easily integrated into other subject areas.
How to Order
PowerPlay Strategies makes it easy to get started. Please contact us to place an order or to discuss any questions you may have.
You can also call us directly at 1-888-880-0816.